[AMRadio] AM Broadcast Quality

kc9cdt at aol.com kc9cdt at aol.com
Mon Dec 16 23:05:49 EST 2013

Bry,
Interesting timing. I just spent an hour listening to 3885 and 3890.
Some of the AM sigs were 10KC wide...and some of the boys on 3890 were 5 KC wide...so some splatter coming both directions.

I am new to AM but why do we need 10 KC of the band? When I get my Ranger II going next week (I hope) will I be that wide??
Also, I have my Orion II set on 2.4 KC xmit BW and that's plenty. I get lots of great audio reports from locals and DX unsolicited.

I think if both groups would cut back some on the BW everyone would be fine...5 KC separation should work.

And what the H is that horn I heard going off a while ago??
Not sure where it was coming from...but I don't think it was 3890.

73,
Lee

Lee Simmonds
Summit DCS LLC