W. Harris nbcblue at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 17 01:47:46 EST 2013

Not propaganda at all Don. It seems that some have completely missed the
 point. Comments like, "then why even run phone at all just stick to CW
and digital modes". That is a dumb statement. If only CW and digital
modes were allowed, those modes certainly do take less and width and you
 certainly could crowd a lot more signals on the bands, but we don't
just run CW and digital modes, we run voice modes as well. The point I
have tried to make is to not take any more band width than necessary FOR
 THE MODE being used, that includes all voice modes like AM, SSB, and
FM. To obtain "broadcast quality" only increases the bandwidth of the AM
 signal beyond what is necessary for good clear communications. Some
 hams now process their audio through audio mixers for more "hi-fi"
quality on SSB, which only increased the bandwidth and is absolutely
unnecessary and a waste on SSB. We don't need 10 kHz wide signals on the
 bands.

Bill - K5MIL