[AMRadio] Trouble brewing ...

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 18:32:22 EST 2013

As far as I know, if you don't want to mess around with a computer,
the Sherwood SE3 is the best thing I know of.  But, Sherwood has
ceased production.  They were pretty expensive new, over $700 but you
could find them used on eBay for half that.  However, now that they
are no longer being manufactured, the last two or three on eBay have
gone for around 1200 bucks!

Rob
K5UJ

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 4:48 PM, Brett Gazdzinski <b.gaz at comcast.net> wrote:
> Any of the sdr receivers do that.
> Sync, both or one sideband, AM, or dsb.
>
> Some programs are better then others, you just click the button and get one
> sideband, the other, or both.
> Powersdr has some of the worst properties, sdr-radio works real well, hdsdr
> is in the middle.
> hdsdr has added an AFC button that works in regular AM or sync AM, it tunes
> in the carrier zero beat by itself.
>
> The filters are so sharp, its very useful to listen to only one sideband
> many times.
> With powersdr, you have to drag the filter over manually, and it has no afc
> feature.
>
> Brett
> N2DTS

..