[AMRadio] AM Broadcast Quality

W2XJ w2xj at w2xj.net
Wed Dec 18 18:32:09 EST 2013

You can modify gear to an extent but when it comes to things like beefing up Iron the field of those who can narrows substantially. It also depends on the design. A 'value' design may have the frequency response determined across several audio stages, essentially requiring a redesign of the entire audio section.

For those who still have the old heavy iron, fine, but something like a Viking 500 still sells for around three grand, if you can find one in decent shape. A broadcast TX is much cheaper and will have better performance or you can build from scratch for less.

Sent from my iPad