[AMRadio] Speech processing technologies and methods?

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 06:51:48 EST 2013

For a 32V your best speech processor is probably a D104 with a good
crystal element.   The 32V mod iron isn't going to handle processing
very well and may crap out.  I'd run that rig with just a D104 and let
it go at that.

You have to make sure you are running something that can handle the
compression and peak limiting.   Broadcast iron can handle it.
Vintage ham rigs stock cannot.   The newer solid state rigs like the
K7DYY products probably can.

What is the amp for?  If you use the 32V to drive it, it is either
going to be over driven or a hell of an amp.  Unless you can reduce
its output I would leave it alone and look for a Ranger to use as an
exciter, or forget the amp and work on a higher power plate modulated
rig.

73

Rob
K5UJ