[AMRadio] AM Broadcast Quality

Larry Szendrei ne1s at securespeed.us
Thu Dec 19 08:09:20 EST 2013

On 12/18/13 11:00 PM, Brett Gazdzinski wrote:

> I always sound bad, no matter what I do, but I hope I sound clean.
You don't sound bad at all, Brett, and the signal is clean.
> I also noticed that while I think I am sharp and smooth on the air,
> listening to part of my audio from a qso makes me think I have some
> sort of brain damage...
I've found few people are happy with the sound of their own voice when
it is played back from a recording. I think I sound horrible! The audio
you hear in real-time when you speak is not what others hear, or what
you hear in a recording, so you don't hear what you expect to hear. But
that's the voice everyone else knows you by, so they don't notice
anything wrong ;-).

> Oh well, I hope I at least have something interesting to say, but that
> could be wrong also...

I've always found you interesting to listen and talk to, Brett! Very
much enjoyed the QSO with you and W3FJJ on 75M a few weeks back.

73,
-Larry/NE1S