[AMRadio] Speech processing technologies and methods?

FRANK HUGHES hughes frsahu0003 at embarqmail.com
Thu Dec 19 15:05:49 EST 2013

Hi Todd,
I really like the idea of leaving the 32V-2 alone, and doing another fun project to build an exciter for the big amp!

I run the 32V-2 on a Variac @ 115vac input, and the 32V-2 lo/hi voltage switch is set in "Low".
A small fan is installed inside the case next to the 5Z4 and transformer that melts, so hopefully this will prolong the 32V-2 life.

The 5Z4 currently installed is an RCA metal type, don't know if that runs any cooler than the glass version or not.

I am planning to buy a Flex 3000 in a couple of months at the Orlando Hamfest to play with as a distraction from all the 'anchors.

The Flex can drive the amp until I can find plans/parts/time to build an exciter.

Must keep focused on finishing the amp first!

"Pants first, THEN shoes" is my guiding motto.

Photos of the big amp progress are posted on QRZ.
73
Frank
KJ4OLL