[AMRadio] AM Broadcast Quality

w8au at sssnet.com w8au at sssnet.com
Thu Dec 19 16:19:25 EST 2013

At 08:09 AM 12/19/2013, Larry Szendrei wrote:
>On 12/18/13 11:00 PM, Brett Gazdzinski wrote:
>>
>>I always sound bad, no matter what I do, but I hope I sound clean.
>You don't sound bad at all, Brett, and the signal is clean.
>>I also noticed that while I think I am sharp and smooth on the air,
>>listening to part of my audio from a qso makes me think I have some
>>sort of brain damage...
>I've found few people are happy with the sound of their own voice
>when it is played back from a recording. I think I sound horrible!
>The audio you hear in real-time when you speak is not what others
>hear, or what you hear in a recording, so you don't hear what you
>expect to hear. But that's the voice everyone else knows you by, so
>they don't notice anything wrong ;-)

Puts me in mind of seeing old pix of "radio drama" stars doing their
weekly serial radio programs.
They always had one hand on the script and the other cupped forward
around one ear to hear what they sounded like "coming out of their
mouth." ;-)   If done right, the speech sound coming into your ear will
override the sound coming to you by bone conduction.

Perry  w8au