[AMRadio] Speech processing technologies and methods?

Brett Gazdzinski b.gaz at comcast.net
Thu Dec 19 22:13:16 EST 2013

Some of the best audio I ever heard on the band was from a stock 32V3 with a
sure 55s microphone.
Voice has a lot to do with it.

I think you can compress the audio and eq a bit with a 32V3.
I have abused mine a lot in the past and nothing crapped out.

I have a pair of KT88's in mine now, but I am not happy about how clean it
is not.
I need more screen voltage on them, and need to figure a way to regulate a
higher voltage then the 300 I have now.

The audio stages are built as a hi fi amp, plenty of lows and highs, and
nothing ever blew up, despite running it at 800 volts.
The 32V series, if nothing is wrong with it, is a solid transmitter.
I had 3 for many years and nothing ever went wrong with any of them.

The problem I see is getting good audio into the 32V.
Its got a high impedance input, and I am not sure how hooking a 600 ohm
output of audio gear into it would work.

Brett
N2DTS