[AMRadio] sort of BA'ish

Ronnie Hull w5sum at comcast.net
Thu Dec 26 07:59:52 EST 2013

I acquired at a local hamfest last weekend a BEAUTIFUL heathkit IM-11 VTVM. It works well on ac and dc scales but would not calibrate on Ohms.   Looking at the back I noticed discoloring around the screw that holds the C Cell battery spring so I knew what I would find when I cracked it open, and oh yes.. a melted D Cell battery.

The spring that goes around the battery is rotted to pieces.  Anyone have any idea how this could be replaced or should I just solder wires to a battery and stuff it in there?  I tagged a battery in with clip leads the vtvm then works.

Hope yall had a great Christmas!

73's and God bless

Ronnie W5 Sum Ugly Modulator!