[AMRadio] Greenlee Chassis Punch Limits

Bill Guyger bguyger at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 27 00:05:36 EST 2013

Bob

Based on a lot of practical experience, probably no unless you can get Dr. Bruce Banner to Hulk up and help. I believe that a punch that size has the large diameter draw screw, so with one of Greenlee's ratchet handles you might get it through 1 / 8" Aluminum.

In Steel you're probably better of with a hole saw especially if you use a Drill Press to help keeping the panel from walking and making a raggedy hole (that's with the panel clamped down). Also the use cutting oil for steel is highly recommended.

Bill AD5OL