[AMRadio] Hole saw price

CL in NC mjcal77 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 28 09:14:09 EST 2013

"They buy them by the box full for a couple of bucks each..."

You might get the 1/2 inch for a couple bucks each, but after that, the price goes up geometrically, a least for decent hole saws.  It's factored in to an electricians job cost, but a good 4" saw costs around 20 bucks.  The arbor size changes also after a certain size, so you have to factor that cost in also.  Before I had folding money, I spent a lot of time with a Craftsman sabre saw and a bunch of hacksaw blades cutting meter holes, and I still have my Lafayette chassis punch set I bought in the 60's for 10 bucks for all those chassis holes, still sharp too.  I still carry around a 3" round cutout from a 1/4" panel I have from my first 811 amp I built in 1969.  I use it to put under the kickstand of my Harley on hot days when the asphalt is soft.

Charlie, W4MEC in NC