[AMRadio] Audiophiles are sure suckers

Bill Guyger bguyger at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 29 18:37:40 EST 2013

Yep, sure are. I saw an ad in a Hi Fi magazine for something called "Tubessence" that you can brush on the chips in your amplifier to make them sound all warm like a tube. There was also an ad for a replacement power cord for your power amp that lowered the impedance of your connection to the power plant thus improving transient response. It cost $400.00. It was a 6' length of 12-3 SO cord with a Hubble Edison plug on the end. Cost at an electrical supply house $10 - $12 mainly for the Hubble connector (great connectors, but they're real proud of them).

Bill AD5OL