[AMRadio] Viking Ranger problem

Robert Sauvan rsauvan at beyondbb.com
Tue Dec 31 08:56:52 EST 2013

Hi all,
Was hoping for some suggestions as to where to start looking for my
problem that just cropped up with my Ranger. I was in a cw qso the other
night and all of a sudden the transmitter decided to keep keying
continuously. I cant get it to stop now. I have checked all of the tubes
and they all check out fine. So, on to the next step. Not sure what that
next step should be. Something in the vfo? It does have output in the
"phone" mode as if you were tuning the rig. Almost acts like a relay is
hung up but I dont see any relays in the schematic. Any suggestions
would be grateful.

Thanks-Bob-W0YBS