Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Fri Nov 1 16:58:07 EDT 2013

One thing we could do regarding operation on frequencies other than the
"ghetto" would be to post a message here about an hour before you get on.
Or you can post a message when you are operating for that matter.

Most people don't tune around in the lower portion of the band because of
the problem you describe Don, not much activity so they forget to listen.
There are a few guys in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Arkansas who operate
on 3.665 most mornings around 6-7 or so but even their numbers have drifted
lower.

So if anyone wants to operate in a place other than the "ghetto", post it
and maybe that will stir some activity.  Also keep in mind that if you have
the capabilities to operate 160 post your activity about it.  That would be
a good use of this forum.

Jim
W5JO
Moderator