[AMRadio] AM 'ers in Europe on 3705

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 19:00:09 EDT 2013

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 6:00 PM, Donald Chester <k4kyv at charter.net> wrote:

> I used to hear several Europeans regularly, and talked with Jean F6AQK
> (IIRC) from time to time. Haven't heard him or anyone else from Europe for
> year or two. Maybe the change in propagation with the sunspot cycle?

 Fortunato/9H1ES is the Malta station. Have never gotten a complete QSO
with him yet. I worked Jean a number of times last year before things got
busy here. Last I knew they were hanging around 3.707-10 due to strong SSB
interference from Germany. Tony/CT1CXD comes in well from Portugal when
he's on, too. Henk still hears us regularly in the Netherlands and posts
recordings in the 80m forum on AMfone when he has a report, but he only
runs 25 watts or so and is tough to hear. Jean runs 200 from the south of
France as does Tony from Portugal.

We're coming into the time of year when the noise will subside enough to
hear the Europeans well again.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ/4