Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 19:54:17 EDT 2013

Unfortunately since those days (1988 and earlier) the noise floor has
gone way up.  At my place, 25 watts would be inaudible.  I want
everyone to get on 160 but I am irritated when I work a guy running a
DX100 on 160 and his "other rig is a BC610" or maybe even a broadcast
rig!   Whatever your biggest maul is, _that's_ what you want to be
running on 160.   If you only have a 100 watt rig, use it, but for
heaven's sake, if you have 833As or some other big jugs, save the
6146s for 40 meters!

73

Rob
K5UJ