Brett Gazdzinski b.gaz at comcast.net
Sat Nov 2 21:49:33 EDT 2013

100 watts and a small lot screams 40 meters to me.
40 meters on the weekend, from about 9 am to 2 or 3 pm works great for low
power and interesting qso's.
25 watts is not unusual, with range of maybe 1000 miles.

I have an 80 meter antenna and a big rig to run there, and almost never get
on 80 meters.
At night, its a zoo where I can operate.
I try and listen to the Multi Elmac net but it gets taken out by the 25KHz
wide signals below it.
The way things are at night on 80, I would not even think of getting on with
100 watts.

Brett
N2DTS