rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Sun Nov 3 10:16:41 EST 2013

There is a practical reason why the owner of a BC-610 does NOT put it up
on 160.

That band, and no other, requires the operator to make modifications to
the transmitter.

These modifications MUST be removed prior to operation on any other
band.  Damage to the TX *will* occur if this is not done. It is a bold
warning in the manual for the BC-610.

It is not a simple switch to change to that band.

I personally understand the hesitation to do this.  The specific parts
that involved are not easily replaced.

Bob - N0DGN