rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Sun Nov 3 11:05:08 EST 2013

It is detailed in the manual on page 43.

R9 MUST be unsoldered on one end.

The rest of the changes depend on whether the BC-939 is used, or not if
a dipole is used.

The BC-939 Antenna Coupler has changes to be made when operating below
2.0MC.

A jumper must be placed inside it, and two fixed vacuum caps are also
installed.

The jumper in the BC-939 takes one of the roller inductors out of the
circuit.

This is why I stated the operator's hesitation to just "toss" the BC-610
into use on 160.

The manual specifically states that R9 will be damaged.

Its ratings make it hard to locate a replacement.

This TX is the only one that *I* know of that has to be modified to go
on that band.

Then again, BC-610s aren't for everyone.  There are those that never
manage to get one on the air.

They can be a pain.  It is satisfying to do so in my experience.

Bob - N0DGN