[AMRadio] BC-610 on 160

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Tue Nov 5 14:31:48 EST 2013

I haven't had any harmonic issues with either of my BC-610s.

I do run a low pass filter on the immediate output.  One is a Bud LP
filter, the other is a B&W LP filter.

I've only had one instance of a squawk of interference, and it happened
while using an Apache.  It got into a cordless phone a few blocks away.
The Apache is rather noted for several issues.

When they get put back on air again, I'll be controlling frequency with
an HP-3336B Frequency Synthesizer feeding the crystal jack of the Tuning
Units.

The Den/Shack has spent a bit over three years as a living space for
family members and was silent to allow them some modicum of private space.

They departed in July, and the XYL decided to undertake a significant
renovation of this Den/Shack.  It isn't quite done, and looks more like
early next year before I can begin my work of getting the Shack back to
operating condition.

I'm looking forward to getting back to operating.  I have really missed it.

I used to operate 40mtr AM in the mornings.  The group that used to
operate there sort of fell apart with the loss of WC3K in 2002.  It
really hit us all hard.

So it is going to be almost starting from scratch once more.

I do know at least one coax must be replaced due to those furry tailed
rats called squirrels that decided that the coax was a snack.  I do have
new coax, and will run it when the inside gets its arrangement set in place.

I'll run on 80, 40, and 20 as time goes by.  I really don't have the
space to try running 160.  I have enough issues running on 75/80.  There
is a lot to be done to rebuild an operating position from the ground
up.  The "old" operating bench gave up the ghost and even with a metal
frame, became an old sway backed horse.

Right now there is just a bit more to the renovation to be done before
the XYL will let me begin recovering my area.  It isn't a small room, it
is 27 ft by 24 ft.  I'll have about 12 ft by 27 ft for everything.

The operating bench will be either 10 ft or 12 ft in length.

There would be a better chance of starting sooner, except for a wedding
to attend the end of the month.  It does feel more normal now that the
extra family isn't here now.  We have begun getting things back to normal.

Bob - N0DGN