[AMRadio] Rare ARC 5 connector

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 10:02:01 EST 2013

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 8:26 AM, CL in NC <mjcal77 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> If anybody needs the very hard to find 9377 or 9589 connector that goes to
> the MD7 modulator, there are several available on Ebay from a fellow that
> sells various connectors, many for the ARC series.

Although none of the connectors are plentiful Charlie, those are probably
the most common modulator plugs. The difficult one to find is the 9585/6962
for the MD-7 and control boxes as it's specific to that application only.
And of course, the ARC-5 gear is actually plate modulated vs screen
modulation used on the SCR-274N Command set version.

I suspect that if anyone came across a cache of 9585(open wire loom) or
6962(shielded cable) connectors and put them on ebay for $25 each they'd
sell out pretty fast. I've been looking for the latter for several years
with no luck and would love to find either type at this point!

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ/4