[AMRadio] A question about a National NC 2-40D receiver

W5AMI ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 15:56:10 EST 2013

I have a 2-40D, but have not paired it up with anything yet.  I would not
only mute the speaker, but also open the B+ line.  I haven't looked in a
while, but I think you can accomplish both with the B+ running to the field
coil in the speaker.  Todd will know, as I bet he's used his with a tx...

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 2:30 PM, Kevin Elliott <kg0mn at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I just picked up a nice National NC 2-40D along with a mint condition
> Heathkit Apache transmitter so I can AM.  My question is this; I have a 120
> volt Dow Key T/R switch which also has the external contacts with which I
> will be controlling the radios, my question is this.  What is the best way
> to mute the National receiver?  The unit has a powered speaker and I am not
> certain if using one set of the external relay contact to make/break one of
> the speaker lines would work our not, since all I would be doing then is
> cutting off the audio.  Any suggestion or I am I trying to over think this
> to much?
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin Elliott - KG0MN
> Saint Paul, MN
>

> "Real radios glow in the dark and help with winter heating bills"

"Who feeds a hungry animal feeds his own soul" - Charles Chaplin