[AMRadio] "AM Ghetto"

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Thu Nov 7 17:19:48 EST 2013

One of the problems associated with those frequencies below 3.800, and more
particularly 3.700, is the class of license required to operate there.  I
haven't looked in a long while but some of the guys who operate AM are
either General or Advanced.

That is also why any new SSB "net" that is formed on 75/80 meters is almost
exclusively between 3.8 and 4 megacycles.  You have a much greater audience.

Jim
W5JO