[AMRadio] "AM Ghetto"

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 21:07:24 EST 2013

I think that we should go back to the way things were around 35 years
ago and have the FCC do all the testing except for the few who quality
for the Conditional class, bring back all the CW tests, and call in
everyone for re-testing who got licensed after 1981, and flush out the
silent keys, emcomm ambulance chasers, freebanders, paper hams, cyber
hams, shack-on-a-belt hams, my-husband-made-me-get-a-license hams, the
astronauts, the "I wouldn't be caught dead at a hamfest" hams, the "I
picked up the wrong end of a soldering iron and got an owie" hams, the
"I have all indoor antennas because I don't want any holes in my
house" hams, the one day wonder two letter call hams, the "my PC is a
ham rig" hams, the kids lids and space cadets, and get the number of
licenses in the US down to the number of REAL hams which by my
estimate would be around 30,000.

What do you think about THAT Pete?  I will out-troll you any day of
the week.  HAW HAW HAW

Rob
K5UJ