[AMRadio] A question about a National NC 2-40D receiver

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 09:19:23 EST 2013

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 3:56 PM, W5AMI <ars.w5ami at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a 2-40D, but have not paired it up with anything yet.  I would not
> only mute the speaker, but also open the B+ line.  I haven't looked in a
> while, but I think you can accomplish both with the B+ running to the field
> coil in the speaker.  Todd will know, as I bet he's used his with a tx...

You know Brian, I never have. Always had plans to, since it has such
wonderful audio, but it still needs a re-capping so I never got that far.
Been putting most of my time into the new harmonic and the rest into
getting rid of excess stuff, so it might still be a while.

But you are right about opening the B+ or otherwise disabling receiver vs
just the audio line. There are a couple guys I know of who have their 240Ds
hooked up on the air: Phil, KC4VWU and 'Rock Cave Dave' N8LGU. I think
Rodger/WQ9E who is a member here also has one set up. I'll see what I can
find out.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ/4