[AMRadio] "AM Ghetto"

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Fri Nov 8 12:36:21 EST 2013

Until the advent of digital display VFOs and frequency counters no one would
dare go much above  7.295.  Now everyone wants to operate up there.  The
thing is, first come, first serve.  The squabble between the 7.290 net and
Ashtabula Bill is a case in point.

The net, mostly centered in Texas, has been there for many years and so had
Bill.  Immediately after the net control pronounced the net closed Bill
would hit the switch and call CQ.  That led the net people to complain to
the FCC who found Bill in compliance with all rules.

So if you don't hear a signal for 2 or 3 minutes, take possession.

Jim
W5JO