[AMRadio] "AM Ghetto"

bradk4rt at verizon.net bradk4rt at verizon.net
Fri Nov 8 16:02:38 EST 2013

 > On 11/08/13, W5AMI wrote:
>
> Bottom line is just ignore anyone that does that sort of thing. If you
> don't, they get their "trip", and will nag you the whole time. Just act
> like you don't hear them. Those kind of people will go and find someone
> who WILL react to their stupidity.
>
> Brian / w5ami

Well said.  Contesters try to muscle others off a frequency all the time. The talented ones

don't move and ignore the new arrival, continuing to call CQ even if they're making fewer

contacts because they know the other guy isn't either. Usually, the new arrival gives up and

goes away. Not to say you shouldn't handle interference diplomatically, but if someone's trying

to muscle you off a frequency, if you were there first, don't budge and don't acknowledge

antagonists.

We've all had the band can change and a QSO already in progress start coming  in as skip

changes, but that's an infrequent occurrence in my experience, and usually hams in one QSO

or another will QSY or wrap up their QSO.

Brad K4RT