[AMRadio] "AM Ghetto"

Robert Nickels ranickel at comcast.net
Fri Nov 8 19:58:14 EST 2013

Brett -

Let me first reiterate:  I don't think any group "owns" any frequency,
and I much prefer amateur-to-amateur respect and courtesy over "band plans".

That said, you'll find 7296 USB listed as the 40 meter HF Pack calling
frequency  here:  http://hfpack.com/air/
General info can be found at http://hfpack.com/, or join the Yahoo group
which is nearing 10,000 members.

HF Pack and AM are combined at the Saturday WWII Net at Dayton, which
features the greatest concentration of portable 75 meter AM radios in
operation on the planet, including military, amateur, and commercial
gear.   The net is held on 3885 because most of the iconic BC-611
walkie-talkies came  out of the Galvin factory with crystals for 3885,
and as these cool portable radios  showed up on the surplus market after
the war it naturally became the original calling frequency for low-power
stations.

73, Bob W9RAN