[AMRadio] 7160

Jim Candela jcandela at prodigy.net
Sun Nov 10 10:24:28 EST 2013

Rob,

   I agree with you about evening low band round tables needing some level of high power. Better yet, NO long winded transmissions for those running < 250 watts!!! My example though was mid afternoon on 40M, 7160...usually the perfect time for lower power.

   Last night at 11 pm I tuned to 7160, and it was DX frequency with no less then 50 stations calling at once, likely to a station down the band. So I try 7290, and there was a Chinese station on 7295 that was spraying sideband energy +/- 10 Khz. Boy was that strong. I camped out at 7288, and called a few CQ's. The lower sideband from that 7295 station was down enough until the chanting began, or is that singing?...then off to bed without any answers.

Jim
WD5JKO