[AMRadio] "AM Ghetto"

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 13:53:01 EST 2013

Jay,

As far as I'm concerned, if it isn't analog it's digital and if it's
packet, it's digital, and if it's digital, it means having a computer
connected to the receiver and transmitter, and at that point, I punt
and move on.

As someone who has spend every working day for the past 20 years or
so, programming, learning about and debuging computers, if we ever get
to where we can't operate ham stations without them, I'll have to find
a creative way of destroying mine and join analog man joe walsh and
find another hobby.   So I've just told you everything I know about HF
packet, which is by choice near to nothing.

73

Rob
K5UJ

P.s. To paraphrase Mark Twain on golf:  Computerized ham radio is a
nice hobby spoiled.