Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 18:30:29 EST 2013

It was a digital rig.  Not any kind of analog AM Brett.

As far as I am concerned, any hash noise that is unidentifiable is
treated by me as interference from an unintentional part 15 emitter.
If it is in fact a ham, then he can go right ahead and piss and moan
to the FCC and I'll tell them the honest truth:  I have so much junk
interfering with my reception living here in the city with houses all
around me, that without a call sign legal ID that I am equipped to
understand, I cannot distinguish between a pirate, a noisy appliance
or someone who is licensed but unidentified.  If they don't like that
they can ID like most everyone else.  If the FCC doesn't like it, they
can make a rule to require an analog ID.  the idea that I have to be
equipped with special decoding equipment, even if it is just a PC and
some software so I can tell a ham from a malfunctioning remote control
of some sort is outrageous and ridiculous.

Rob
K5UJ