[AMRadio] West Coast AM on 7293

Bry Carling bcarling at cfl.rr.com
Tue Nov 12 06:17:15 EST 2013

Steve, I think you will find that if you hang in there and persist and don't give up retrying later,
that they will eventually back off and let you alone. This has happened before to AMers in
various places.  Like every childish person, they eventually go and find someone else to
harrass. I find that by not getting into a pissing contest with them, you can walk away and
come back later and still have the use of 7293 on some other day or time.

Rest assured that the whole spectrum is being captured and recorded these days by the
authorities from various monitoring stations. It is cheap for them to do that and the record is
there for all time. These misbehaving amateurs are all getting their callsigns and their
jamming recorded so that if the FCC or another authority ever wants to make a case against
them, it will be dead easy. Like when some person has been involved with internet activity
that is illegal... it is all there to be pulled up at a later time. They may think they are having fun
at your expense and getting away with something but it may very well come back to haunt
them later. The worse their behavior gets, the higher the likelyhood is that they wll get busted
for it. They think that will not happen until it is too late, and they get a $25,000 fine and
forfeiture of all their equipment, etc. It is no cake walk when that happens.

Again the best bet is to totally IGNORE them, and don't "respond in kind."   If you do, it
makes it harder for the authorities to single them out for punishment. For me personally, I
would continue the conversation as long as I could, and not behave like them.

I can put a fairly strong signal on 40m AM now, so may join you guys one evening from back
east (grin!)

YMMV - 73 de AF4K
Bry