[AMRadio] (no subject)

john nelson solarelectricjohn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 06:30:09 EST 2013

I have a simple question that will be baseline fundamental for most of you
but I have only been into AM for about a year. I than found a Eico 730
external plate modulator amp and in the process of restoring it. The 730 is
in quite nice condition and will be a good stepping stone into plate
modulation and future projects. I plan on using it with a Knight T150 that
has a pair of 6146 and it also has a plate modulation input plug on the
rear of the unit. I do understand the drawbacks of the T150 VFO and do have
a good selection of rocks.

I need some help with the modulation transformer on the 730, It has taps
from 0 ohms to 10 k and I just can't find enough information or the math
involved on what tap I should use to hook it to the T150 plates. Any advice
would be greatly taken I just don't want to smoke her the first time I
power it up. Thanks John W0XAZ