[AMRadio] West Coast AM on 7293

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 14:28:12 EST 2013

the problem from my general experience is that you can move the
"calling frequency" but no matter where you go, it will attract the
same type trouble makers like moths to the flame.  There's a minority
who like to move in close then screech that they're being QRMed.
Stick with 7290, strap and ignore.
Now, there's no reason why there can't be more than one calling
frequency.   I think on all bands, especially 40, 75 and 160, there's
nothing wrong with having at least 2 or 3 known places for an AM op to
tune to and check or CQ on, in order to find a QSO.  But the advice to
spread out and CQ on any clear frequency has never worked for me.  I
wind up on some back water CQing until I'm BITF, give up, QSY to 7290
or 3885 and bam, have a QSO in a second.  You have to go where the
receivers are parked.

Rob
K5UJ