[AMRadio] West Coast AM on 7293

Geoff ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 15:19:59 EST 2013

On 11/12/2013 01:28 PM, Rob Atkinson wrote:
> the problem from my general experience is that you can move the
> "calling frequency" but no matter where you go, it will attract the
> same type trouble makers like moths to the flame.  There's a minority
> who like to move in close then screech that they're being QRMed.
> Stick with 7290, strap and ignore.

Some might call it "playing the devil's advocate" but is "strap and
ignore" really in the spirit of Ham Radio?

In order to get respect, you have to give respect.

The band isn't open to 5-land from everywhere in the country.  East
Coaster's don't have an issue with 5-landers at 11am/10am central.
I have a hard time hearing Colorado, much less the West coast at that
time slot, as well.
So, move the Central States AM operations up or down 5kc from 7.290.

Many has been the times I've hear the 7.290 Traffic net move, because
the frequency was already in use (when stations using the frequency
could be heard).  More often has been the time when an AM station
started calling CQ in the middle of net operations.  Now, that's just
not right.

-Geoff/W5OMR