[AMRadio] Monitoring Modulation Accurately

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Fri Nov 15 13:02:32 EST 2013

I sent Bry a schematic of the portion of the DX-60 related to detecting
over modulation.

It is one of several mods to the DX-60 that have been published in ER.

All of these were done by Bill Breshears, WC3K, (SK), and are readily
available either through ER or some folks like my self.

The over modulation indicator for the DX-60 is a simple addition of a
couple zener diodes and an LED.  Bill poked the LED through a front
panel existing screw hole.

Its use is very simple.  If the LED flickers or flashes, you are over
modulating.

Bill even added 160 mtrs to his DX-60.  I know that one is also in ER.

The AMfone site used to carry his mods.

Bob - N0DGN