[AMRadio] Monitoring Modulation Accurately

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Sat Nov 16 13:33:53 EST 2013

Jim,

When I got the Peak Reading Bird,  it was still in calibration.  I
picked up a 2KW slug since it had come with a mess of VHF and UHF slugs
and nothing in the HF range.

I do know that the 400W carrier shown on the ME-165 and the bird agree
completely.

I'm not about to go and buy another meter at this stage in the hobby.

I'll stick with the Bird and go my merry way.  I really don't believe
I'll have an issue so long as I don't over modulate and cause a big
squawk.  The only squawk ever came from one person with a cordless
phone.  Showed and explained FCC Part 15, and that was the end of that.

I keep it well rained in when I run it.

Bob - N0DGN