[AMRadio] 40m AM tomorrow morning...

Bry Carling bcarling at cfl.rr.com
Fri Nov 22 16:00:02 EST 2013

Hi AM guys,

Net time... and some encouragement / advice for new AM operators just trying out the mode.

I got an inverted vee up this week, so that might help my signal. I hope to have 200 watts
tomorrow coupled with a new INV Vee antenna might give me a better chance of being
heard.

Stations will mostly be in Florida, and a few in Georgia and Alabama. Some trying from a little
further afield... I hope we hear you!

0900 EST - Check in briefly on 7290 and say hi to the guys with the big signals.
Tall Ships - stay on 7290 for a long ragchew, testing their audio etc.

0930 EST - Move to 7280 kHz +/- QRM to continue and give the guys with weaker signals a
chance to all be heard. I will direct the net and make sure everyone gets a turn and stays in
rotation. PLEASE do not be long winded. One or two minutes per transmission please,
especially if there is more than a handful of stations on.

1030 EST - Move to 7270 SSB - the purpose for this is to contact any stations listening in
who can't reach us on AM. There are some guys who are getting interested but only have
SSB gear or if they need more power to be heard on AM.

The "Tall Ships" wit the big signals will stay on 7290 and others interested in a briefer
exchange to say hello, test their equipment and to be heard with our 25 - 50 watts will be on
7280 kHz afterward for an hour or so.

Then we will be picking up anyone who was missed or was difficult to copy. That will begin
on 7270 kHz SSB.  I'm planning to do this on Saturday mornings and also eventually at 2 pm
on Sunday afternoons as often as possible for the longer skip and folks who can't make it on
Saturday mornings.

This will be relatively informal but we will rotate it around so everyone has chances to speak.

E-mail me for details if you would like to participate. I plan to have a much stronger AM signal
this week.

I want to try to eventually add an afternoon net for guys out of the "deep south east" USA who
want to get in on the fun...

I hope to see all y'all on the air tomorrow.

73 - Brian "Bry" Carling, AF4K