[AMRadio] 4-1000A Grounded Grid Class-C

Larry Szendrei ne1s at securespeed.us
Thu Oct 3 08:06:25 EDT 2013

On 10/2/13 10:55 PM, Paul Baldock wrote:

> Is it possible to run a 4-1000A in grounded gridS, cathode driven,
> biased for class-C and then plate modulate it and get 100% modulation?
> Has anybody tried this?
>
> Thanks
>
> - Paul   KW7Y

I think it's theoretically possible only if you also modulate the signal
driving the 4-1000A cathode circuit, and in the correct phase, of
course. Otherwise the "feed-through power," which is a considerable
fraction of the total output from a grounded-grid stage, won't be
modulated and you'll never be able to get 100%.

Nope, I've never tried it.

73,
-Larry/NE1S