[AMRadio] They just re-formatted the Radio Amateur's Handbook

manualman at juno.com manualman at juno.com
Tue Oct 15 13:47:48 EDT 2013

The Dummies book concept (*** for Dummies) has been around since 1991.
http://www.ask.com/wiki/For_Dummies
And the real title Don is referring to is "Ham Radio for Dummies". The
ARRL Handbook is a great reference manual. However for many amateurs,
reading particular sections is like listening to and old buzzard QSO.
Sometimes a mere 200 words is  all that's needed to convey a particular
set of thoughts or ideas whereas 5000 words on the same subject might
tend to lose many of the readers.

Pete, wa2cwa