[AMRadio] They just re-formatted the Radio Amateur's Handbook

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Wed Oct 16 16:09:38 EDT 2013

In an upcoming hamfest there will be a forum for hams.  The subjects covered
are:

QUOTE
Don't miss this chance to learn about the following topics:

PowerPole connector installation demonstration

Build a dipole wire antenna - with / without BALUN

Build a 3-element 2M tape measure PVC beam antenna

UNQUOTE

I hope everyone remembers our first hesitant steps after receiving our
license that allowed us to transmit.  This is especially true of hams who do
not have anyone close by to explain or assist.  They there are young hams
who are not only hesitant but shy too.

If the book helps a few get into a hobby that has been my life's avocation
then that is good.  If no one reads it, noting lost.  But remember, many new
hams do not have your experience, so share if you can or are called on.

This post is not to excoriate anyone who has posted about this subject, it
is just the notice about the forum appeared today and I though it might
explain a that a good number of people may need help that is not readily
available.

Jim
W5JO