[AMRadio] They just re-formatted the Radio Amateur's Handbook

Eddy Swynar deswynar at xplornet.ca
Wed Oct 16 16:15:56 EDT 2013

On 2013-10-16, at 4:09 PM, Jim Wilhite wrote:

> I hope everyone remembers our first hesitant steps after receiving our license that allowed us to transmit.  This is especially true of hams who do not have anyone close by to explain or assist.  They there are young hams who are not only hesitant but shy too.
>
> If the book helps a few get into a hobby that has been my life's avocation then that is good.  If no one reads it, noting lost.  But remember, many new hams do not have your experience, so share if you can or are called on.
>
> This post is not to excoriate anyone who has posted about this subject, it is just the notice about the forum appeared today and I though it might explain a that a good number of people may need help that is not readily available.

Hi Guys,

Hey, when I first started-out I had a 30' dipole for 40-meters that I fed with AC lamp cord! (I guess because I thought it LOOKED like 75-ohm twin lead)...

And I had the temerity to wonder why nobody ever responded to my 8-watt rock-bound CQs,, too!

Oh well, we ALL have to start somewhere as rookies, don't we...?

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ