[AMRadio] I just got an OO card.

Donald Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Fri Oct 18 14:05:58 EDT 2013

This morning when I picked up the mail, I noticed an Official Observer
notice. My first thought was "Oh crap, what now?" I figured it was for
running over the 10-minute ID limit, or allegedly transmitting a "wide"
signal.

But turned out it was a "Good Operator Report".  I was talking with
Kevin, WB0JZG on 3885 a couple of late-nights ago. The report said I was
59+60. "This OO has noted your EXCELLENT radio signal quality/operating
procedure as a fine example for all radio amateurs... A pleasure to hear
your outstanding, high fidelity audio!... This Observer thanks you for
your excellent example of good amateur practice for others in the
amateur radio service. Keep up the good work."

Don k4kyv