[AMRadio] WRL Globe Champion

JAMES HANLON knjhanlon at msn.com
Sat Oct 19 21:34:51 EDT 2013

Lee,

Regarding the meter front lens for your rig, keep an eye out for another meter, probably made by the same manufacturer, that has the same case and front cover as yours.  It doesn't need to have the same sensitivity - all you are interested in is the outside case and cover.  Transplant the movement from your Globe Champ meter into the case/front cover from the "new" meter.  I've done this sort of thing many times, mostly transplanting a good meter movement into the case/front cover of one of my meters whose movement went dead.  One source of meters can be ebay.  Do a search on the manufacturer's name and the word "meter," like "Simpson meter."  You should be able to find something.

73 and good luck,

Jim Hanlon, W8KGI