[AMRadio] .02 replacement cap

Jim Liles hallicrafterssr2000 at k9axn.com
Mon Oct 21 20:38:02 EDT 2013

Hi Joe:

Something is wrong with the equation Joe.  Doesn't make sense that it would
cause hum unless it was defective???  A .02uf 1600v film capacitor has the
same properties a paper cap unless you are using a cap with lower voltage
rating.  Just radios has .02uf 1600v orange drops which are film caps that
will do the job.  Don't be mislead into thinking that a Ceramic disk will
make a good replacement.  The capacity is extremely voltage variable in the
class 2 and 3 ceramic disc caps --- great source of non-linearity.

Kindest regards Jim K9AXN