[AMRadio] IARU REGION 2 BANDPLAN

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 30 08:28:19 EDT 2013

First, what's original poster's point? I don't see one. Thus everyone gets to guess the point by some random inference.

Second, I don't see that anything in this document is worthy of discussion. It calls out a number of different modes. Does that make them all exceptions? The only thing "exceptional" is the bandwidth recommendation of 6 kHz for AM.  That's pretty standard given that, thanks to MA Bell, the definition of "communications" quality audio spans 300-3000 Hz. It even mentions bands in LF and MF that we don't even have. What are we to infer from that?

Stuff like this is not regulatory in nature. It's mainly ideas and recommendations. File it away and move on.

Kim N5OP

"People that make music together cannot be enemies, at least as long as the music lasts." -- Paul Hindemith