[AMRadio] band plan

Bry Carling bcarling at cfl.rr.com
Wed Oct 30 18:32:29 EDT 2013

Yes out to 100 miles on 160m daytime us quite doable. Most hams don't realize what a great daytime band it can be where signals "hug" the earth and bend nicely along the horizon... The chaps in England where I grew up did a splendid job with 10 watts input on 160 AM all the time, most of them with link coupled matching to an end fed 130 foot wire strung down their back garden. Often only 20 - 25 feet high...

Bry Carling
http://af4k.com