[AMRadio] IARU REGION 2 BANDPLAN

manualman at juno.com manualman at juno.com
Wed Oct 30 22:56:25 EDT 2013

The IARU is recognized by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
as the representative of the interests of radio amateurs throughout the
world. It is their voice in the offices and meeting rooms of the ITU and
regional telecommunications organizations, where the decisions affecting
our future access to the radio spectrum are made. Actually, if it wasn't
for the IARU back in the "good old days", our present 160, 80, 40, 20,
and 10 meter bands might not even exist today. Likewise our WARC bands
can be attributed to the work done by the IARU.

" they limit AM to 6 kc" This has been in all three Region band plans for
the last several years. In some countries it has been rolled into their
amateur regulatory laws for years.

Pete, wa2cwa