[AMRadio] band plan

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Wed Oct 30 23:07:38 EDT 2013

Down in our part of the world very few people operate AM on 160.  I have
tried in the past to get some activity stirred up to no avail.  I can hear
some stations East of Old Muddy on 1.885 but, for the most part, they are
weak here.  The stations on 1.985 are stronger but again some of them are
weak.

I don't wish to get into a conversation unless I can hear all stations so
that means I stay silent most of the time unless I have a schedule.  There
is a bunch in the mornings that operate near 1.917 that are located in the
Colorado, Nebraska area three times per week but that is all.

In the past few years a lot of SSB stations have begun to populate the band
and on quite nights they are almost every 3 KC.  You guys get up good
antennas for this winter.  It is a great band when things are quite or when
the propagation is good.  We shall see what this year holds.

Jim
W5JO